Our Blog for Getting and now living daily life with our Ukrainian- American son. Good and bad, its all here.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Andy's Best Friend AMIR is Getting Adopted! Please Help

I haven't posted in ages!!! But if you remember Andy's best friend...like a brother...still in Ukraine...has a chance to be adopted!
If you aren't crying get your tissues.

This sweet boy has been in the orphanages for years...at least as long as Andy...til Andy left which means since 5 and he is 15 going on 16.  Yes, this is likely his only and last chance.

Below are links to donate...keep update...read more...you know the drill.

I'll be brief bc honestly its midnight and who am I kidding I have 3 kids...2 of which will most likely wake up before I am ready and forget beauty sleep I just need a little shut eye ;)

Amir has been up for adoption at least 3 other times and because of red tape and circumstances out of his control has not gotten to go home.  It's heartbreaking.
The last family tried desparately to bring him home into their family...along with his sisters.  However, his sisters decided they did not want to go, they were older... and refused to allow him despite his please.  I can't even go there right now.
He then was hit by a car and broke ten million bones...I'll get that pic for you.
So now...1 year before he ages out he has his chance.

I truly believe God has an amazing plan for Amir.  He is family.  Since the day we said goodbye in Simferopal--which I can't even talk about without bawling....I have felt like we left him.  I have had a passion to help get him a family.  So has an amazing woman named Marie and now Janice and her family are making that a reality.

Here's the deal...Janice and her husband are already in Ukraine when they got word of Amir...they fell in love and wanted to bring him home to be a part of their family.  However they are 11k short...and time is running out.
Will you help? Even a dollar is good.
Spread the word and read the links...donate!

http://www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/a-teenage-orphan-no-more-help-bring-our-son-home-/77485

They are calling him Emmett in this blog bc the facilitator didn't want them to use his real name yet..