Our Blog for Getting and now living daily life with our Ukrainian- American son. Good and bad, its all here.

Friday, September 12, 2008

There's no place like home...

"There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home..." If Dorothy can do it why can't I?

Well clicking my heels didn't work, and neither did the chant, but I'm pretty sure it's because I was clicking in flip flops not red heels--and we all know the power of a good pair of red stilletos (I knew I shouldn't have left those, so what if they aren't practical). But either way...we made it WE ARE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We arrived home on Saturday night around 10pm. Yuri, who now goes by Andy (his choice) saw his Grandmaw (my Mom) and took off running. There in front of us just a few feet past the security gate stood good ol Nashville, TN and a handful of balloons one of which was a UT Balloon--which everyone who knows me knows I am NOT a UT fan...but that is how happy I was to be back, I have never been so happy to see that nasty shade of orange.

I grabbed Andrew's hand as we watched Yuri running with his back pack about to tip him over and with tears in my eyes I whispered "We're home." Andrew sighed and quietly replied "we made it."

So here we are 7 days later and I am just now posting...I know, I know what's my problem. Well if you really must know... Jet Lag.

Man I feel like I've been hit with a ton of bricks. I could sleep til Thanksgiving if it weren't for the fact that well, I'm a Mom now so I have to get up at dawn because frankly its hard to ignore the sound of toys falling from the top shelf and a 10yr old yelling "Mamma!" Even if you are tired and even if the sun has barely just risen... He wants to ride his bike, I mean it is daylight, is that not normal?

So here I am 7 days home, the jet lag slowly leaving and 7 days worth of stories to tell... We've been to the dentist, the grocery, and school--yep, he started school. So I promise if you will bear with me I have some cute stories to tell. I am just trying to find time to write them.

I promise to get to them if you'll promise to still be interested :) Because you've been with us on this journey so long, it just wouldn't feel right if you left. So stay tuned...there's more to come. And thank you for reading and caring and praying for us. You will never know how much it has carried us through.

We are so happy to be home, and so happy to have Andy with us the best way to sum it up is to say again that we made it, we really made it.