Our Blog for Getting and now living daily life with our Ukrainian- American son. Good and bad, its all here.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Faking a Shower

This morning Andrew was in his office early working, with the door shut. He heard Andy get up, scuffle out of his room...starting his morning routine which generally consists of him sweet talking the animals, playing with Allie and lovin' on her, showering and brushing his teeth. This is what he does on his own...or at least we thought.....
However, perhaps not....so this morning he heard all of this up until he went to the bathroom. This morning, and now I wonder how many other mornings, he fired up his electric toothbrush for all of 30 seconds, then cranked up the shower for about 20 seconds, got dressed and went about his business. HA he faked his shower! Andrew said it took everything in him not to laugh out loud. Of course Andy didn't know his Dad heard all of this. Andrew chose not to ask him if he'd showered bc he simply didn't want to force the kid to fib.

So he tells me this and of course we laugh. But tonight at dinner Andrew busted him, lightheartedly of course. I was watching Andy's face as a smile timidly spread across his lips. He saw we were laughing and I guess figured the coast was clear. Andrew of course thinks its hilarious bc he was a 10yr old boy once too and apparently did the same thing. I must say, I think it is hilarious, but I don't remember doing that when I was 10.
Andrew then recounts a story of bragging to his mom after kids camping that he didn't shower the whole week!
Upon hearing that and cracking up at both himself and his Dad he says
"I also stick my head under the sink so my hair looks wet."
At that point, me, Andrew, my Mom and my Sister lose it. He just gave away his last trick as far as showering goes.
Maybe you had to be there... or perhaps its just my first boy...but I think its so funny that Andy fakes taking a shower. He seemed so proud of himself too.

Note to self...smell his hair in order to prove he showered?