Our Blog for Getting and now living daily life with our Ukrainian- American son. Good and bad, its all here.

Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm Stupid

Andy got upset the other night and in his madness (whatever you want to call it) he threatened to write "I'm Stupid" on his face. It was late and we were all tired. I (of course) told him he was not stupid--so don't go emailing me :) but that if he wanted to do that I wasn't going to stop him.
I shut the door and left...praying he wouldn't call for me again.

Fingers crossed.....hold your breath...nope no more yells.

The next morning I go in to wake him up, one of my favorite things. They are so sweet and inncocent before they get up aren't they? So I'm rubbing his back and as I'm about to say "Andy wake up" he rolls over and what do I see--you got it... black marker...smeared across his precious face.
I hold back a laugh and walk outside to call Andrew, who's already left for church.
I decide to not say a thing to Andy about his new tattoo. You can tell he did it in the mirror and it doesn't actually say 'I'm stupid' it really says MI then you can see an bits of stupid but it's all crossed out... so really it looks like MI with a dark line underneath. MI is somewhat accurate if its for mission impossible...that about sums up how I feel sometimes.

So we get ready with no mention of "the mark" and later a few minutes before we are leaving he says to me "you know how you say you wouldn't let me go out looking silly?"
"Yes."
"Well" he replies " Do you really mean that."
I of course nod, because I do--I wouldn't let him go out dressed silly as I have told him before.

This of course doesn't satisfy him because he wants me to say something about his mark, fuss, get mad, anything. And I'm not.

So finally he caves and asks "well are you going to let me go looking silly."
"No. I think your clothes look nice."
hmmm I can tell he's still not satisfied with his performance...
"So you really would let me go out looking silly then."
"No I reply, I told you I wouldn't send you out dressed silly and you are not. I cannot help that you chose to write on your face."

So finally as am walking out the door he says "how do I get it off" Which I know he knows because he's already washed part of it off.
"Soap and water"
"What if it doesn't come off?" dont' get all soft he says this defiantly as if it will give him a get out of church pass.

"Well then, I guess you will go to church looking silly."
With that I go to the car and wait. Whatta ya know he comes out, with a clean face.
Guess that will teach him not to use that type of 'threat' again.
One for Mom.
Whew, I was worried this would be a bad morning.

Of course....if you read this and you have kids that know Andy PLEASE do not let them read this or know about this story. He would be devastated.....
Ok I'm trusting you...
Dear God, please don't let any of Andy's friends come up to him at church or wherever about this...or I'll die and feel like dirt.
Amen.

:)